TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - “Selective appreciation” would be an appropriate description
People Seeking Info

Subject “Selective appreciation” would be an appropriate description

Posted by Woodnutz on January 13, 2020 at 5:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 309 times.

In Reply To 300ZX values are rising! posted by BlitZ91TT on January 12, 2020 at 06:28 PM

Message Global/universal - not so much. Regional availability and buyer eagerness play a huge role. Giving it the craigslist availability test, where I’m at (17225), market has dried up almost completely. Only ones I ever see are typically garbage and they pop up very rarely. When I bought in 2018, condition was notably better, and cars were in much better shape. Certainly the story is different in more populated locales.

Many, many factors play into any perceived value, as pointed out. For me, personally, I’m benefiting at this point. Bought a ‘91 in good condition for $7500 in June 2018, BUT it was in need of what I would guess to be $4-$5k in paid work (TB, clutch, A/C, valve cover seals, injectors) that the original owner didn’t want to cover.

While I suppose I could sell it for maybe double what I paid... on a really good day, I’d concede that there’s only a gradual up-tick of values, but again as stated, there’s many factors that play into it. Plus, I didn’t buy the car to eventually make money. I bought it purely for the enjoyment - both for giving it new life and for the driving experience itself.

In my mind, those not-to-be-driven museum pieces that sell for $30k+ are effectively worth nothing to me. If I wanted one to look at, a poster is a lot cheaper.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.