TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Most americans dont realize that we aren't even supposed to
People Seeking Info

Subject Most americans dont realize that we aren't even supposed to

Posted by LJZTT on December 17, 2019 at 12:20 AM
  This message has been viewed 259 times.

In Reply To If the framers had been stupid enough to have the posted by 240Z FeO2 on December 16, 2019 at 07:51 PM

Message be electing senators via popular vote. We are still suffering from the damage done via the 16th and 17th amendments passed by "progressives" (an Orwellian term if there ever was one) in the early 20th century. So much of the early 20th century needs to simply be thrown into history's trashcan of terrible ideas.

Senators are supposed to be elected by state legislatures. This serves to place greater focus on state politics. It also serves to remove the "upper chamber" of congress from the whims of the (largely uneducated) population (incredibly forward thinking by the framers, given that the population is now propagandized like no one could have possibly imagined 200 years ago or even 40 years ago), which means the legislative branch is not a constant pendulum swinging back and forth EXACTLY as it has been for the past 25 years.

30 years ago...or now?

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.