TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Well, this sucks
People Seeking Info

Subject Well, this sucks

Posted by moxie (SF) on September 16, 2019 at 4:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 940 times.

Message I'm going to check my codes tonight & do a vacuum leak test, although, I've triple checked all the lines are good, so I'm not hopefully to find much. I'm also am going to ditch the new iridium plugs and put in the PFR6B-11B. Maybe the deeper length will help lower HydroCarbons? I'll also double check the timing, I set it to 15 degrees, but the timing gun I had was shitty and I'm not exactly sure I trust it.

I have no clue on the ridiculously high NOx. I am going to double check to make sure the new EGR valve is opening properly under vacuum, I also installed a new egr temp sensor, but nissan stopped making them, so I found one that was supposedly compatible, and now I'm worried it's not (just checked the website and it was listed for a 1990 300zx, hopefully they didn't change over the years?). That is not an easy part to change with the engine in. I do not think it's my cats unless they can go bad sitting for a year.

One possibility: The car was running poorly once I fired it up, I drove it around for 15 minutes, it was stumbling and not running right, I had forgotten to plug in a coil pack, once that was plugged in, the engine purred, but that was like 15 min before I got the car smogged. Maybe all that extra gas was still in the cat and screwed up the results.

Changes I made are:
New larger turbos
Nismo 755 cc injectors
Reflashed ECU for larger injectors & dual pop selin.
Iiridium plugs
Every sensor replaced: O2's, EGR Temp, Water Temp, Fuel, etc
New EGR
Every vacuum line replaced

This sucks. I'm stuck in DMV hell right now as I paid my registration last year but since I never got the car smogged as it was in parts I can't actually pay this years registration until last years car smog is finalized, which means I'm paying late fees now. It's totally absurd, but DMV said I have to complete last years registration before I can move on, so here come the late fees until I get this all sorted out. They wouldn't let me register it non-op either.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sig Quotes:
your brillant (n/m) - Zski (Generation Z) 14:36:48 06/17/04
Fat kids will eat anything. (n/m) - SooperZ95 22:13:47 07/05/04
BTW, spelling has nothing to do with being stupid, stupid. - AzHeat 22:08:35 11/21/04
First of all, we already know you're a little pussy bitch from San Francisco - Marshall 21:36:41 06/08/05
North Dakota is so flat you can watch your dog run away from you for 3 days. - BeegsTT 13:31:27 06/15/06
The City of Santa Monica can fornicate itself with an iron stick. - 93TTSuperWHiteZX 17:20:16 10/31/06
I work with fiberglass you stupid f*** - TheTwinZ (Peru) 12:25:30 03/27/07

********\\\\\\\\|////////********
People who are willing to sacrifice
Freedom for safety deserve neither
- Benjamin Franklin -
********////////|\\\\\\\\********

Are you in the know?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.