TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Need an OEM 95-96 AC Compressor Clutch - new or good used.
People Seeking Info

Subject Need an OEM 95-96 AC Compressor Clutch - new or good used.

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on September 12, 2019 at 10:58 AM
  This message has been viewed 282 times.

Message The AIR CON Fuse keeps blowing because the AC compressor clutch is drawing around 16-20 amps which suggests there is a short in the coil. From what I've read, the clutch should draw around 3-5amps, certainly much less than the 10 amp fuse rating. It works with a 20 amp fuse, but want to get it sorted out ASAP before there is any damage to wires or worse. Also it signals the two SPAL radiator fans, so when that fuse blows, not only am I uncomfortable , but the engine overheats. Not a good thing.

The compressor itself is a relatively new rebuilt AC compressor and it works like a champ pushing out tons of cold air. Yesterday, on full blast the windows were forming condensation on the outside! So I'd like to replace just the AC compressor clutch assy on the car w/o have to discharge the system.

a.) Any good sources for a good used 95-96 AC clutch compressor? New ones are NLA. Specifics are: Nissan 300ZX Clutch Assy - A/C Comp. 95-96 Z32 PN 92660-48P01

b.) I've found a number of write ups on this procedure, but none for the later model year Z32 units. One TT.net post suggested I will need a Nissan specific clutch puller (KV994C5780) for an early model to pull the assembly off the compressor shaft.

Anyone direct me to a tech DIY? Everything looks to be standard shop work except the puller, and I might already have one of those in assorted Harbor Fright boxed puller/shim toolkits which I collect and never use.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.