TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: How did you remove the welded battery tray?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: How did you remove the welded battery tray?

Posted by VinZmax on August 01, 2019 at 1:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 172 times.

In Reply To How did you remove the welded battery tray? posted by ZXoltan on July 31, 2019 at 06:24 PM

Message I didn't. I worked under and around it. I thought I was going to cut up my hands a bit, but didn't. I worked up on top of the car (under the hood) and also under it. Back and forth. For a while. But got it all done and buttoned up. Sometimes you just get in there and jam your hands in and get it done.

Over the years, it's amazing how you can get so good at contorting your body and hands/arms to get this stuff done, hahaha.

But like I said, I did not cut the pan or remove it. The only thing I did leave in, was the tube going to the front with the brake bleader on it. I did not remove that because I didn't want to pull the whole car apart to pull out a dead tube. I left that damper tube mounted to the fender, but it now goes nowhere. I used a veryyyyyyyy small tubing cutter (Home Depot) to cut the tube from where it used to attach to the junction block. I drained the fluid from it and put a very small rubber plug in it (for no real reason though. It's disconnected and there's no more brake fluid in there).

So now I have;
master cylinder feeding into junction block, then damper tube cut and a plug in the block put in its place. Then the out-feed of the junction block goes to small piece of stock steel tube, and then into the new braided hose feeding into the slave cylinder.

Vinnie

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.