TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Did you add it for looks or performance?
People Seeking Info

Subject Did you add it for looks or performance?

Posted by Red Hawk (CO) on July 31, 2019 at 3:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 358 times.

In Reply To Big brake kit posted by Zeismic on July 31, 2019 at 01:06 AM

Message I started doing autocross and track days. My first track day the brakes faded so bad I almost drove right off the track. I switched to Brembo slotted rotors, stainless lines, brake booster brace, and a high temp brake fluid. My next event I got another few laps before I literally melted the zinc coating off the rotors and torched the pads.

I switched to autocross and went with some sticky R888r tires and found that I could not stop as fast as the tires could handle so I upgraded to the RP 13" rear and the 12.75" 350z fronts and went with a more aggressive pad. the extra couple inches of turning moment have provided much better stopping force and the extra mass has helped tremendously with brake fade. Sure the unused rotor portion at the bottom looks a little weird, but I just painted it black and you can hardly notice that its there.

Could I lose some pounds and gain braking performance with a 2-piece 14" rotor and 6 pot calipers? Sure. Can I justify paying 4-5 times more than I did?... probably not.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.