TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Any experience with the CTS-V setup? I used to want R32 GTR
People Seeking Info

Subject Any experience with the CTS-V setup? I used to want R32 GTR

Posted by nissubaru on July 31, 2019 at 1:05 PM
  This message has been viewed 408 times.

In Reply To Honestly, if price is a factor, go back to stock size rotors posted by MixManMash on July 31, 2019 at 07:36 AM

Message calipers because I heard they don't fade like the TT brakes. I don't necessarily modify my car with the intention of taking it to the track but I would like to know if I did a track day I'd be okay.

R32 calipers seemed like a good compromise but over the months I've started leaning towards the CTS-V kit. You can get the calipers brand new for $300 which is crazy. My one complaint is they use the 12.75 or 13" rotor when you can get a 14" inch rotor using the Akebonos from the 370z or Infinitis.

For aesthetic purposes 14" would look nice, weight wise not so much. Therefore the 13" is probably ideal.

One last thing, check out part numbersCARDONE 196233 andCARDONE 196232. I'm almost positive these are the Inifinti Akebono's but remanufactured and cheap as hell! ~$110 each on RockAuto right now. Compared to the price of used ones it's almost too good to be true.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.