TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I don't buy it.
People Seeking Info

Subject I don't buy it.

Posted by Bernie (NoVA) on July 28, 2019 at 9:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 394 times.

In Reply To https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan-infiniti-nissan-oem-9 posted by Boostjuice on July 28, 2019 at 11:50 AM

Message I have never seen any documentation from Nissan that says anything about the fluid in the transmission or that there is not enough of it specific to THIS transmission.

Remanufactured units from Nissan will ship with various amounts of fluid and you need to fill them to correct level once installed. But these are brand new units. Also they are capped & sealed, they are not shipped dry.

When I install the these I check the fluid level and top off if needed with Nissan fluid only. I have no interest in trying to get Nissan to warranty one with NOT their fluid in it. The only one that I have personally worked on which whined was refilled with Redline at install by a previous shop.

It is my assumption that the fluid it ships with is the correct fluid for break in. Also I believe that people take a brand new transmission and beat on them without considering that they have way more HP than what the factory expects. I would say that the appropriate process would be something like a few thousand miles (heat cycles) at 300HP.

Just like you should use dino oil for new engine break in, my gut says the issue is with the fluid. YMMV but it's worked for me.

Bernie Bilski
berniebilski@cox.net
President of Z-Car Club of Northern Virginia

1995 Nissan 300ZX TwinTurbo in Cobalt Green
1997 Nissan 240SX SE in Ultra Red
2006 Nissan Frontier SE in Ultra Black

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.