TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Florida to Maine
People Seeking Info

Subject Florida to Maine

Posted by Zoetic on June 27, 2019 at 11:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 282 times.

In Reply To How Far Would You Go? posted by Becker on June 26, 2019 at 05:30 PM

Message I'm impressed hearing about all of these trips. Mine is not the longest by far, but was still quite an adventure. Had a search going for a year before the one I wanted came up for sale. Flew down to Florida from Maine with a good buddy of mine. Was going to meet up with a guy in the area to help us look the car over, but I learned that he had had a heart attack as we were flying down (I learned later that he ended up being okay). Another guy kindly drove hours out of his way to meet us last minute and look over the car with us. Took the auto train from Florida to Virginia - almost missed the train, we were the last car loaded in. We must have been the youngest people on the train by at least 30 years. Drove the rest of the way. Spread it out over 2 days with a stop at my mom's place. No tickets! Something must have come loose on the train as the car came out with a ding in the passenger door. Then we took a rock from a truck as we were merging onto the highway. My buddy and I still talk about that trip. I got him a pair of Maui Jim's for the trip and an honorary key after as a small thank you - he got me the Tamiya 1/24 model.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.