TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New Jspec installed, time to put some rock chips in it
People Seeking Info

Subject New Jspec installed, time to put some rock chips in it

Posted by Polish on June 10, 2019 at 3:49 AM
  This message has been viewed 609 times.

Message Very happy with my new jspec fascia. I also got the TwinZ Type1 jspec lip to protect the bottom. We'll see how well it holds up to semi-daily use, but felt pretty sturdy and looks great. I was debating on getting a clear bra but decided against it. I already have so many other rock chips and dings in the exterior of the car, so just going to try to learn how to repair them as well as I can. I'll go for a respray in a few years if things get real bad. Also going to make an effort to stay further away from cars, big rigs, etc.

I had the OEM jspec fascia shaved and painted by Williams Auto Body in San Mateo, CA. He is a master, he said he's done 50+ of these bumpers and I believe him. He matched by paint code (DJ2) and the nose panel. I did the installation, so just dropped off and picked up the bumper for the body work. I transferred over the carbon fiber fog ducts from my old bumper, they're currently cooling the turn signal housings for ultimate performance. I modified my A-spec intercooler ducts to fit the bumper and used the horn shields to extend the ducts slightly. It is kind of the poverty option, but my intercoolers are such high mileage compared to most other components on the engine, they may be replaced soon. Still just stock boost for now, so nothing too crazy.

Next I need to remove all that busted pinstripe on the driver side and install a whole new strip. I'll get back to the interior too, finally swap out my old slightly tweaked dash that came from my old totaled Z. I have a new pristine one in my new burnt 2+2 project car that will be going in soon, along with several other nice interior parts.

I'm also going to try to figure out some removable method of attaching a front license plate, hoping to attach to the grill somehow. Not going to press my luck running without a front plate for long...

Here are some cell phone shots from the first unifying drive after installation.

My old weird unknown JDM lip (that fits a-spec fascia) is also for sale in classifieds. Anybody know what the make/model might be?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.