TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Well Nissan and Tesla aren't really in the same boat
People Seeking Info

Subject Well Nissan and Tesla aren't really in the same boat

Posted by LJZTT on May 22, 2019 at 11:58 AM
  This message has been viewed 243 times.

In Reply To I think I'd be more concerned for Nissan than Tesla posted by vorpalZed on May 22, 2019 at 11:32 AM

Message All I see there is profitability issues, not keeping-the-lights-on issues. Definitely issues, and definitely negative, and definitely suck if you are trying to be a Nissan fan, but
Nissan's issues aren't nearly as dire as Tesla. They really aren't even dire if lagging sales is their biggest issue.

I reject the notion that auto-manufacturers need to introduce a new model every year and it must be redesigned every 3-5-7 years. Apparently the Frontier is outselling the new and hyped up Ford Ranger this year (but way behind Tacoma and Colorado). Maybe not enough Rangers available, but the Frontier is an unbeatable value today. If Nissan can't cash in on that, it is just more evidence that it is poorly run.....but not nearly as poorly run as Tesla.

Frankly if you need to have dominant market position and set constant record sales in order to be profitable, then your business is mismanaged, possibly irreversibly broken.

30 years ago...or now?

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.