TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - OK, what about GM is 10+ years ahead?
People Seeking Info

Subject OK, what about GM is 10+ years ahead?

Posted by not4resaleZ on May 20, 2019 at 5:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 281 times.

In Reply To ^exhibit A: "cognitive dissonance" posted by LJZTT on May 20, 2019 at 04:41 PM

Message Battery, software, electronics, motors, Tesla is at least 3 years ahead of everybody, and is pulling away while the old time car makers set around hoping they go bankrupt. They will have a 500 mile car as the old car makers are introducing their 250 mile cars. Look at Jaguar...200 miles. Audi...200 miles. Both with large battery capacity. They are just so inefficient that they are beat by a 7 year old Tesla. You would think Volkswagen would have helped Audi out a bit if the Porsche Taycan had reasonable tech coming, but Audi introduces that embarrassment. Read about the steel tube "engine" in the E-Tron, read about GM's Bolt and how much they phoned it in on that one. The Jaguar I-Pace is a nice car, and looks good but the tech is way behind, and they really tried. In a few years they will likely have a decent effort compared to today's Tesla.

We will have to see about the changing networks. Right now Tesla is the only option if you want to travel more than 100 miles from your house. Maybe further if you stop every 100 miles for the night. With a Tesla, you can go just about anywhere easily. VW says they will fix that. We will see, but I don't see anyone but Tesla selling many cars until they have a decent charging network.

I'm sure Apple or Google or Amazon will try to buy Tesla, but Tesla has enough cash to open Giga 3 and then start selling cars to the biggest auto market in the world...without tariffs. If Tesla has gotten 15k more cars off the boats faster last quarter they would have made a profit that quarter also.

The thing is, I have my car. Lets say Tesla did go bankrupt, and astoundingly no one bought them. It will be years before anyone comes out with anything close to as good, if then. It's built with a motor and chassis designed to last a million miles. I also have a 2010 Saab and they went bankrupt years ago. All the parts are still available, and reasonably priced since the sellers are all fighting for business.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.