TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Rear hatch trim near spoiler
People Seeking Info

Subject Rear hatch trim near spoiler

Posted by VinZmax on April 22, 2019 at 1:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 293 times.

Message I just got some paint work on my hatch ('93, 2 seater, TT).
I'm putting it all back together and will be using a TwinZ Type I rear spoiler.

I'm reinstalling the rear trim pieces. I have 4 of them. I put the left and right sides on that attach to the rear hatch with 6 plastic rivets each.

The other 2 pieces are the ones that attach directly above the taillights (when the hatch is closed). Those don't have anything holding them.

Were they glued on when new? I'm wondering if they had glue in the groove and attached like some car's door molding does.

Anyone know? I'm a bit afraid to just push them on and leave them, as they kind of move a bit when I open the hatch. I don't think they'll stay on even when the spoiler is attached, as there's nothing holding them except the tightness of the groove. They slide a bit on the new paint on my hatch when open and look like they'll only stay on tight with the hatch closed.

*if you've ever had these off, or put on a new rear spoiler, you'll know what trim pieces I'm asking about. They go on the left and right of the hatch and form a gap where the center panel is. They do not touch each other and sit right on top of the lights with the hatch closed.

Thanks,
Vinnie

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.