TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Partially true...
People Seeking Info

Subject Partially true...

Posted by KevinsFairlady on April 16, 2019 at 11:44 AM
  This message has been viewed 300 times.

In Reply To Ahh the Nissan "diversity antenna". posted by schuss on April 16, 2019 at 09:59 AM

Message Most modern head units use a single male connector for the antenna input and require an adaptor to mate our OEM two prong antenna input. You can rotate the OEM connector 180 degrees in the adaptor to utilize the rear window antenna as your main antenna, however this will supposedly render the retractable antenna useless.

What I did instead, and it worked for me, is follow a write-up I found regarding keeping the functionality of both antennas by wrapping a small wire to connect the two prongs prior to inserting into the single male adaptor. I then disconnected the clip to the retractable antenna so it would stay in the down position. The retractable antenna is still acquiring signal and it is combined with the signal from the rear window, so in theory you have two functional antennas that are both hidden. Like I said, it worked for me, but I only listen to two local channels when listening to the radio.

P.S. - Also check the retractable antenna input signal wire in the rear if you take the interior panels out. I found that mine was disconnected, so even though it was moving up and down, the signal was never making it to the head unit.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.