TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Things have changed since ceramics were introduced
People Seeking Info

Subject Things have changed since ceramics were introduced

Posted by shaggee on April 15, 2019 at 8:14 AM
  This message has been viewed 336 times.

In Reply To So maybe the real question becomes which coating to use? posted by ZXoltan on April 13, 2019 at 07:14 AM

Message Initially the process was highly proprietary and specialized for military/industry. When I started looking (90's) into it Jet-Hot silver was the only game in town, take it or leave it. Fast forward & now Jet Hot has competition and lots of it. The powder coating biz has successfully adopted and mainstreamed ceramics so now its literally in the backyard oven.
Given the options, I started out with Jet-Hot for similar applications; cast iron turbo/manifold, pipes. I have tried the luster and flat (2k) finishes without any separation issues. Since the pc evolution I have tried local ceramic coaters. The color and finish options are not the same but otherwise the quality has been right on. I would have stayed with Jet-Hot but in an effort to return to their roots, their pricing structure has left the little man behind.
Bottom line, the tech has worked its way down. Find a pro that you trust will prep the part properly.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.