TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I bought one. It's pretty close to OEM fit and finish.
People Seeking Info

Subject I bought one. It's pretty close to OEM fit and finish.

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on April 09, 2019 at 4:50 PM
  This message has been viewed 288 times.

In Reply To Are there any independent reviews on the posted by Barry(TN) on April 09, 2019 at 09:12 AM

Message Mine was a little bit thicker because I think the replacement is made of fiberglass vs the plastic(?) material of the original. I'm pretty sure the mesh is stainless and it matches the OEM. Some fitting and sanding was required to make the two sides mate up correctly. On mine, a couple of the holes needed to be aligned with a drill bit.

Again because its thicker, some of the OEM hardware didn't work, but other Nissan fasteners did work and they looked fine as replacements.

I would plan on removing and repainting both sides together. I used alternating coats of Dupli-Color Storm Grey Metallic (BGM0522) and Dupli-Color Universal Black Metallic (BUN0090) to match the OEM color. The final finish was a few coats of clear; and after wet sanding and polishing, they looked pretty much like the originals.

Overall, its a pretty good piece. Given there's nothing else out there as a replacement, it's better than trying to rebuild a broken OEM cowl part.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.