TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - SSR Wheel / Spare update
People Seeking Info

Subject SSR Wheel / Spare update

Posted by CameronSF on March 31, 2019 at 9:14 PM
  This message has been viewed 706 times.

Message I appreciate all the commentary from folks that chimed in on replacement barrels for SSR wheels. I contacted several different companies and most had the same story - they stock or don't stock the raw barrels and regardless every order is custom and will require 2-4 weeks to deliver. All of them seem to sell the same 6061 T6 forged replacements that are superior to the original barrels. The original wheels came in .25" sized barrels and the replacements are in .5" increments. (For example - my inner barrel was 6.75" and outer was 1.75". I elected for a 7" inner and 2" outer replacement) I ended up ordering from threepiece.us as they seemed slightly more responsive and had decent reviews online. I'll update everyone when I actually receive the wheels.

This lag in delivery motivated me to figure out a spare scenario. Because I have the stoptech front BBK kit the original spare had no chance. I've heard the G37 sport spare could potentially be a fit but there wasn't a great way to tell from online research so I ordered one on Ebay and hoped for the best. It ended up being really close but the offset of the wheel wasn't enough for the spokes to clear the caliper. I order a 15MM spacer thinking this could solve the problem but it ended up the original lugs extend too far and contact the back of the spare wheel. A 25MM spacer that has a 114.3MM 5 lug bolt pattern with a 66.1 hub center turned out to be the winner. Below is pics for anyone interested - the spacer pic shows the smaller spacer with the lugs sticking through it. It should be noted that I had to but longer lug nuts to accommodate the lug length through the relatively narrow spare wheel.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.