TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm comparing the GTX2860 to the G-550. The wheels are
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm comparing the GTX2860 to the G-550. The wheels are

Posted by SirpriZ on March 24, 2019 at 11:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 1065 times.

In Reply To The turbine wheel is significantly different than GT/GTX posted by MixManMash on March 24, 2019 at 07:14 PM

Message constructed the same way except each wheel has a 2 mm larger diameter on the small diameter (2mm larger inducer on G wheel compressor and 2 mm larger on the exducer of the Turbine wheel). My physics 101 says that is more mass from the center line and will result in slower transient boost response. With all due respect to one dyno comparing the G-550 vs the GtX3071, one dyno does not a conclusion make, and I'm using a GTX2860 (rated at 475 HP) vs a G-550 (rated at 550 HP). I'm looking at a bolt up turbo, with a smooth transition of power, without custom manifolds, downpipes, and external wastegates (additional price beyond turbo purchase conservatively an additional $6,000). Peak HP with better spool ~800 rwhp. Unknown turbo with a load of customizations, 900 rwhp. I'm pretty sure the area under the curve and transient boost favors the GTX. And back to a previous point, what tire set up do you suggest to get the power to the ground (other than third and fourth gear, on the freeway, when it's warm)?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.