TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - QC is a lot of what you don't pay for (up front) when you...
People Seeking Info

Subject QC is a lot of what you don't pay for (up front) when you...

Posted by Woodnutz on March 14, 2019 at 5:40 AM
  This message has been viewed 241 times.

In Reply To WOW....if I receive wheels that bent I start to question all posted by LJZTT on March 13, 2019 at 06:46 PM

Message go with items of this nature. To me, this one looks like it got dropped and didn't get pulled for scrap/rework. More thorough and frequent inspection costs significant money, so that's where they trim. It's the same argument with the $10 HF torque wrenches and the comparisons people have done. If a good one is tested, all likelihood is that it'll be good, but that's one sample piece. A larger sample size will show you a higher frequency of defects with those that have a less stringent QC process.

In all, it's how much hassle you're willing to deal with, and if the company will replace defective items, then it's probably worth it to a lot of people to save some money (provided the material itself isn't garbage). I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had to call a certain east coast Z performance/parts shop to let them know they sent me the wrong color part. Did it cause me a delay? Yea - a few days, was it a big deal? Not really.

As for me, I'm probably going to be rockin' the stockers for the foreseeable future. Good luck, BJ - hope everything works out for you.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.