TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - While we are on the subject of wheels...
People Seeking Info

Subject While we are on the subject of wheels...

Posted by CameronSF on March 12, 2019 at 7:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 472 times.

Message I developed an air leak in my front right SSR wheel and when I pulled it off it's apparent the air leak is due to a crack that is on the lip and working its way to the inner barrel. I've had these wheels welded a few times and they are definitely getting worse for wear. In addition the outer barrels are showing oxidation on the lip and it will be expensive to refinish. I've always heard that the GT3 versions were prone to cracking in some instances and unfortunately I seem to be going down this path. I checked with a few companies that produce replacement barrels such as Sensei 6, VR Wheels, Augment Wheels, and Wheel Flip and they make a stronger version out of forged 6061-T1 aluminum. I'm currently getting pricing but am not entirely sure of the wheel offsets and widths since they were on the car when I purchased it. Is there any cast markings on the original wheels or is there a standard Z size/offset that everyone is running with this size SSR? I run 245/35R18 front and 275/35R18 rear and believe I have 9.5" rear and 8.5" front but pretty much guessing at this point until I can pull the tires off and measure them. The Original SSR inner barrels come in 1/4" increments but the replacement inners are only available in 1/2" increments from 18x4.0" - 18x8.0". I'm hoping that some folks here that are familiar with ideal offset specs can chime in. I'm happy with the fitment and offset I'm currently running and hope to replicate the same. Any thoughts from the hive mind here on ideal sizing for inner and outer barrels?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.