TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Update on my recent post RE: Me getting rear-ended
People Seeking Info

Subject Update on my recent post RE: Me getting rear-ended

Posted by Waco300zx(DFW) on January 02, 2019 at 8:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 760 times.

Message at a stoplight...

Here's the original post about the wreck incase you care to get fully caught up...

La-Z-Link

The insurance company of the car that hit me has taken full responsibility. They are State Farm--who I've been told by my Z Appraiser(more info on that in a minute) is actually one of the best at giving a fair evaluation on Z's cars/collectors cars. She'll be coming out tomorrow(MY BIRTHDAY)!

I'll be reminding the adjust of that when she comes ;)

Now--to bolster my case of my Z being worth more than the $6000 or so Kelley Blue Book lists--I did a couple things.

1.) Got together an exhaustive list of every UPGRADE on the car, with retail prices.

2.) A list of cars like mine with similar upgrades, mileage, condition from various sites. Bring a Trailer seems to have some GREAT examples to show. Seems like a 1993 w/ 100K miles goes for $13k-17k depending on upgrades.

HERE's the MOST IMPORTANT piece I had done(and recommend you doing it to if you're ever in this situation.

3.) GET A CERTIFIED APPRAISAL ON YOUR CAR(by a classic/collector car appraiser).
--I had Steve Hamm of the Z Club of Texas(He's our Appraiser for the club, and has done thousands of cars over the years).

Steve gave me an appraisal of right at $13,000. This price does not take into account upgrades.

With $20,000 worth of upgrades in the car--coupled with the appraisal--I'm hoping for a favorable resolution.

Be praying/sending positive thoughts my way tomorrow...

In case you hadn't followed--I just got this car in June, swapped a new engine in, bigger turbos, injectors, full breather mods, etc, etc. I had JUST got the car inspected the day before I was hit. I plan on getting it fixed.

Looking for a Passenger side headlight BTW(would prefer JDM flat glass--not necessarily the 99 XENON).

Here's a somewhat recent update post from the engine removal/new engine install/etc.

La-Z-Link

Need Advocare?
I'm a DISTRIBUTOR!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.