TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Switched to Hagerty last year... long
People Seeking Info

Subject Switched to Hagerty last year... long

Posted by vorpalZed on December 13, 2018 at 9:30 AM
  This message has been viewed 345 times.

In Reply To Speaking of insurance...(Grundy v Hagerty) posted by LJZTT on December 12, 2018 at 05:06 PM

Message Caveats: I've had great luck with Hagerty. You may not. I find this happens with any recommendation, from body shops to frozen yogurt stands. Mileage may vary.

Observations:

1) Hagerty is new here in Canuckistan and were doing an agressive push for business. They were allowing cars up to 2000 MY for 'Classic' status. All my Zeds and roadsters qualified, the 2003 350Z did not. They did a phone quote for my fleet and I followed up with individual sheets for each car and pics. I stated reasonable values that they accepted with no question.

2) Not sure the difference between Hagerty USA and Canada, but there was no contest between Hagerty and the general insurance providers. They were 1/3 the price for better coverage. They have mileage restrictions, but as ConVerTT pointed out, in our area we are not required to record Odo readings at registration and they did not ask for mileage on the car worksheets. Basically they have no way of knowing annual mileage.

3) They were good dealing with modifications. You state them on the vehicle worksheet. The rep said the only mods they are really concerned with are nitrous and roll cages. Turbo mods were no problem.

4) Call and talk to a rep for a quote. The online form is crap. Every time I've called in, I've got a rep who not only knows the policies and can recommend ways to lower the cost, they also have a knowledge of car categories and types of sports cars.

5) Get Hagerty Plus. It's $ 40.00/ year on top of the policy (covers all cars). I've used the roadside assistance twice, once for red roadster, once when the BMC failed on silver Zed in front of my house. Called in and they had a local towing company flatdeck on site within the hour. Cars loaded and transported to my requested destinations, no damage no questions.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.