TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Stand alone ECU tuners - injector timing questions...
People Seeking Info

Subject Stand alone ECU tuners - injector timing questions...

Posted by LitlElvis on December 10, 2018 at 11:19 AM
  This message has been viewed 326 times.

Message I am using the AEM S1 tuned with AEMPro software. Recently I was digging into the ignition phasing inputs to better understand how the firing order is programmed and fell into the rabbit hole of injector phasing and timing.

Both the AEM 30-1620 MAF and MAP startup calibrations for the Z32/VG30 seem to be flawed in the setup of sequential timing of the injectors - and I'm wondering if any other AEM users have noticed or verified this?

With respect to other ECUs (especially ones that are not PNP and therefore need to be 100% setup from scratch), as a Tuner, do you typically setup the injector phasing baseline to be ~360° BTDC of the ignition event?

When setting up the CAS ignition trigger points from scratch, do you typically check each cylinder with a timing light to verify the correct tooth (or window) on the CAS is programmed into the ECU?

For now, I'll leave it with these questions to see if I get any bites and save the heaps of technical discussion until afterwards...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.