TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Interesting numbers, we have similar turbos although
People Seeking Info

Subject Interesting numbers, we have similar turbos although

Posted by nissubaru on October 03, 2018 at 10:12 AM
  This message has been viewed 358 times.

In Reply To Saturday's dyno results posted by Boostjuice on October 02, 2018 at 04:43 PM

Message the numbers seem low. Correct me if I'm wrong but you're running E85 whereas I'm on 93. I have the Z1 GT535R turbos which supposedly are the same as the JWT 530BB.

Previous owner had the motor rebuilt + the turbos and a tune, supposedly dynod at 489WHP @ 18psi which is only ~6hp shy of your numbers at 20-21psi. From what I can tell, the shop where it was tuned has a Mustang dyno which supposedly reads lower than a Dynojet (meaning my 489whp should be higher on a Dynojet).

I wonder how much higher your numbers would have been without having spark blowout. Or maybe the 489whp number I got from the previous owner was bullshit...I don't think it is though.

Side note - we also have a similar boost controller, I have the Greddy Profec B Spec 2...but I don't know the first thing about tuning it. I touched it once and tweaked something...haven't touched it since. What settings would you recommend if I'd like to target 18psi again? They might still be fine, I just don't know where they should be.

Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.