TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I saw it but not close. I was camped out at turn 5...
People Seeking Info

Subject I saw it but not close. I was camped out at turn 5...

Posted by Tu on September 03, 2018 at 7:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 225 times.

In Reply To Great photos 10/10 posted by Polish on September 03, 2018 at 06:51 PM

Message practicing some uber slow pans when I saw the car flying through the air.

I don't remember shooting, but I have some far away, tiny, and blurry images of the car tumbling and coming to rest in front of the turn 2 flag station. Even zoomed in at 200 mm the car is pretty small in the frame.

The rescue trucks showed up in less than a minute and through the camera I saw the driver toss his helmet off... which I thought was not exactly the smartest thing for him to do. Anyway...

The Shadows are run by RM Motorsports. They have a page on FB and have been updating Kirt's condition since the crash. They also asked that no pics or vids of the crash be shown for a while and amazingly I haven't seen anything. This group also runs, and probably owns the #75T IMSA Z in my pics. I was wondering why the car didn't run later that afternoon... walking in the paddock seeing the Shadows and Z side by side... I kind of figured out why.

Be seeing you.Tu

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.