TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - That car is amazing, even in stock form. It's not a light
People Seeking Info

Subject That car is amazing, even in stock form. It's not a light

Posted by Zu4ea on September 01, 2018 at 7:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 425 times.

In Reply To Nice! What did you think of the Nismo GT-R? (n/m) posted by Boosted1 on September 01, 2018 at 07:09 AM

Message car, but it's very responsive and remains planted. When it feels like the car should be breaking loose, it just grips. Took a few laps to get familiar with the track and get confident with the car. Then I was able to push it hard - curb hopping and screeching tires through the turns. I think my instructor was used to casual drivers coming in and being timid behind the wheel - he was pretty excited that I was pushing the car and taking him for a fun ride. I'd never driven on a track but I've logged thousands of laps in Gran Turismo lol.

Car didn't feel blistering fast down the straight, honestly expected a little more. But I know I could also work on exit speed and improve my top speeds on the straight. My Z doesn't feel any slower in a straight line, but it couldn't ever hang with the GT-R in the turns.

I've drooled over GT-R's since the '90's and now that I've driven one, I want one more than ever. It's the only car that would make me consider selling my Z. I'd pass on the Nismo and stick to a base model/Premium and go full bolt-ons.

Dual GT30 inside

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.