TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I never said it was impossible or +35 is the only choice
People Seeking Info

Subject I never said it was impossible or +35 is the only choice

Posted by LJZTT on August 20, 2018 at 10:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 278 times.

In Reply To dont know why you say that, I use 20+ offset and 19" rims. posted by CmyZ on August 20, 2018 at 09:43 PM

Message Without specifics it is tough to learn anything from your experience, how low? How much camber? What is "excessive" to you?

Wheel diameter has far less impact that wheel width as I am sure you know....assuming you are buying the correct sidewall height tires.
Coilovers have nothing to do with it, you can run stock ride height or even higher with coilovers and run swamp mudding tires if you want.

I personally trust very few people who say "no issues"...it usually actually translates into "no issues,except the following issue(s)...oh but they're minor".....not calling you a liar, just saying that phrase gets tossed around a lot when it isn't actually true.

If you go low enough you WILL have issues with 9"wide +35's and 245 tires up front. So call me skeptical with 255's and lowered, unless you are intentionally running improper sidewall height or 19" diameter buys you a bit undersized overall diameter, which may be the case...IMHO it's a debatable trade for the subjectively too big look, significant expense increase in tires and wheels, significantly diminished ride quality, significantly increased unsprung weight.

The ride quality between 17 and 18 was very noticeable and I couldnt see going up to 19, but thats me. So I personally never recommend it. There is no benefit to it, just personal aesthetic preferences, and simply a slew of drawbacks. Kind of irrelevant though as the real crux here is wheel/tire width and offset.

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.