TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Stack 'em Up
People Seeking Info

Subject Stack 'em Up

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on August 09, 2018 at 10:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 857 times.

Message Well I finally found a solution to renting garages all over the neighborhood.

Its a Bendpak double-wide suspension lift. Now I can fit all five cars under one roof. Each platform is suspended by 1/2" steel cables and operates independently of the other.

]

I thought about getting a regular four-post double-wide with open bottom platforms that would enable me to work underneath when the car is raised; however, the rise heights on those models max out at about 72" This model has a maximum locking height of over seven feet (86"), which is perfect for the 12'1" ceiling height. Plus, I still have the in-ground scissors lift for access to underneath a car.

This end view shows it at the low setting. The platforms will rise another 10-12" once I clear out the ceiling light fixtures and fans.

]

The unit weighs in at over 7000 lbs. You can see one of the pistons in this pic. 220v single phase. Lift time from floor to max rise is 28 seconds. Solenoids release hydraulic line pressure to lower the platforms.

]

The Z is prepped and ready for the LS6 Swap. The C5 Z06 motor and T56 trans are at the shop with a new clutch and flywheel. Everything else like headers, exhaust, radiators, PCMs, wiring harnesses, etc. are purchased and ready to go.

I'm just waiting on word from V8 Roadsters as to when there's an open slot. Sometime this month for certain. See you at ZCON.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.