|I first did it on my back in the Driveway a bunch of years ago.. Took me 8 Hours first time.. I've Done it twice from then, but focused only on the Rods
1) Some upper Main Halves will not come out.. Period.. Leave them in and move on, unless your willing to pull the Motor..
2) Most 'Un-trained Ears' do not here Bearing Noises untill the Motor is Fubar.. So your Success rate might be limited..
3) Use an 'Old School' creeper, as you want to be close to your work.. AND COMFORTABLE.. So old pillows help
4) I have done it on my Two Post Lift.. I still need to bring the Car to the Ground, so i'm not looking straight up and killing my neck.. Then raise the car back up to put the Crossmember back in with all the little goodies.
5) Why do you want to do this?