TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Maintenance with lower plenum off...
People Seeking Info

Subject Maintenance with lower plenum off...

Posted by s_zero99 on June 29, 2018 at 3:52 AM
  This message has been viewed 617 times.

Message Hey all,

After having some issues with my detonation sensor, I decided to go the crazy route and replace it not relocate it. I removed the lower plenum with the engine in the car. Let me start by saying this process is not for the feint of heart. But I got there and found my wire broken (more likely chewed) by something that once had a nest in my engine. Took this pic after removing some of the stuffing:

photo 60BC0E35-2F92-4CF0-8956-5CC55DA150EB.jpeg

Now that I am here, any maintenance recommendations are welcome. Pretty sure I never want to do this again (at least not without pulling the motor). I’m going to replace the harness and the detonation sensor. I have a gasket kit so I will be putting in fresh gaskets for the rebuild. I will also do the timing belt workup because the front of the motor was a disaster of oil, coolant and PS fluid.

Is there any way of replacing or getting rid of the hard water lines on the back of the motor that run just above the lower plenum? Not the heater core, but the ones that run from driver to passenger? I have already eliminated the EGR and done the Water Bypass.

I am also going to put in a fresh set of battery cables I ordered from Coz a while ago. Mine are pretty beat up from the elements.

Thank you,

Sean

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.