TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Was able to get the knock sensor harness off with USB camera
People Seeking Info

Subject Was able to get the knock sensor harness off with USB camera

Posted by 300NASeattle on June 22, 2018 at 10:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 336 times.

Message I have a relocated knock sensor for the last 2 years provided by Bernie since my original showed no continuity when it was tested. I was waiting for some parts to come in during my plenum pull I thought I would see if I could get the knock sensor harness off the knock sensor while the plenum was removed - since the common failure is the harness and not the sensor itself.

With my $20 USB-C camera and a $5 stainless steel pic I was able to succeed after a few minutes of getting my brain to accept that everything on the display was backwards (move the pic left and it shows as going right on camera).

In case you cant see the embedded video in the post, so here is the link

I checked continuity by slipping a ohm meter lead into the cavity between the lower plenum and the block and it did have proper continuity. So it is time to order a new knock sensor harness and return to the proper knock sensor location - all without having to pull the lower intake.
I also have my EGR removed (also removed during this plenum pull) so this may be impossible with the EGR valve in place.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.