TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Only one 10mm screw on the lower splash shield stripped.
People Seeking Info

Subject Only one 10mm screw on the lower splash shield stripped.

Posted by Gordo 96NA Daytona on March 26, 2018 at 12:20 PM
  This message has been viewed 395 times.

In Reply To Nice progress posted by spicyZ on March 26, 2018 at 07:56 AM

Message ... and that can easily be rectified with a new clip. So far everything else has come undone without breaking off or stripping. As noted, I sprayed EVERY bolt and nut w/ penetrating oil from day one. Many bolts have been hit two and three times.

The next step is too wiggle the bolt on/off and tap with a hammer to get the penetrating oil into the threads. I do this a couple of hours before trying to unscrew it. If it's stuck, I go with heat first, not last. Benzene is your friend. And finally, if it gets hung up before completely unthreading; I'll go back to steps one and two. And if there was a problem, a thread chaser is used before it goes back on.

Finally on most bolts I'm using 1/4" and 3/8" drives... not 1/2". Breaker bars are not allowed before I give up completely on everything else. Of course it doesn't hurt to have a chassis that's never seen snow or salted roads in the first place ;-) .

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.