TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I plan on doing a "rolling restoration" as an NA. >>>
People Seeking Info

Subject I plan on doing a "rolling restoration" as an NA. >>>

Posted by Gordo 93TT Daytona on March 16, 2018 at 10:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 592 times.

In Reply To Future plan to make it a TT, or keeping NA? (n/m) posted by FrozTTy on March 16, 2018 at 09:32 AM

Message After that? Who knows? I'm leaning against doing a TT swap. If I had really wanted another TT, I'd have gotten a beater TT instead of a beater NA. Plus, I've already got a supercharged XKR w/ 510 hp and 470 ft lbs of earth moving torque should I desperately require an adrenaline rush.

If the NA motor, with 200K miles, pans out OK; well then I've got a nice driver for around $5000, and I'll keep it basically stock with intake and exhaust mods.

However, if the engine is a lost cause; then I've been toying with the idea of doing a LOJ-based LS swap. LS motors are relatively cheap, easy to work on, and make reliable power w/ a torque band flat as Kansas. Fully dressed out, an aluminum LS block is actually a hundred pounds lighter than the VG30DETT, more compared to an NA. If I keep the Z's 5spd, the NA driveline and accessory drives; I can integrate the GM block into the Z32 chassis for about the same price as one could upgrade to a pro-built TT motor.

The kits themselves, however, can get pretty expensive if you buy everything from the LOJ vendor. https://www.lojkits.com/pages/300zx-1990-1996-overview

All that's speculation however. For now, its on the rack getting wrenched on to make it roadworthy and safe.

Given the amount of money I got for the old Z, I can't say I'm sorry for selling it; however, it's clear to me now how much I missed these cars and I'm glad to have the opportunity to own another one. gordo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.