TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yeah I understand your point and agree with it but
People Seeking Info

Subject Yeah I understand your point and agree with it but

Posted by nonstopna (SoCal) on March 16, 2018 at 12:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 257 times.

In Reply To pretty sure all modern german cars have been stipulating posted by LJZTT on March 13, 2018 at 07:44 PM

Message this 10,000 mile recommendations are under normal driving conditions (defined as straight road , no stop and go, moderate outside temp ect). On top of that most of this German cars require only a full synthetic ..... why? Because this engines run hot (say compared to a v6 Honda or Toyota) and that’s normal. They were engineered that way. I been working at a service center for a min now and the people following that 10k recommendation with 60k on the clock or more have oil leaks from seals. The higher the mileage the worse the oil leak. During the summer we see a spike of German cars come in just to add additional oil because they are low... they don’t last 3-4K max without asking for more full synthetic oil and the oil looks black black like diesel truck oil after 8k miles. The few following a 5k max oil change interval since the beginning guess what.... no leaks in most cases. And yes people do ignore that low oil level light sometimes because they can go 10k without an oil change or simply because it’s a lease...they don’t have to worry about the long term effects. Anyways ...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.