TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Budget Beater Progress: Week 2
People Seeking Info

Subject Budget Beater Progress: Week 2

Posted by Gordo 93TT Daytona on March 15, 2018 at 8:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 952 times.

Message The Budget Beater Project is moving along nicely. One good thing about massive PS and Rear Main Seal leaks is that rust never has a chance to get a foothold on the underside. I've been using mostly kerosene, brushes and rags to clean up the mess.

The right fender, center panel and fascia are at the painters. Either PS fluid or battery acid was spilled on the finish and not clean up in time. The rest of the paint work is OK. I wet sanded 1500 grit over most of the panels; then followed up with compound and then polish. It's pretty amazing how clear coat can be corrected after a long period of abuse. You could never do this thirty years ago w/ enamels or lacquers.

Besides degreasing and clean up; the major project on the front end is a new power steering system... everything but the rack and reservoir are being replaced. After I get the front end back together, then we'll drop the trans and replace the rear main and/or whatever else is leaking back there.

Although I still need the help and advice of everyone here. I am surprised at how much I remember about these cars over the last seventeen years.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.