TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Obsession to OEM, buddy said I need to see a doctor.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Obsession to OEM, buddy said I need to see a doctor.

Posted by tian2bing on January 19, 2018 at 3:49 AM
  This message has been viewed 419 times.

In Reply To Obsession to OEM, buddy said I need to see a doctor. posted by tian2bing on January 19, 2018 at 03:31 AM

Message i also have a server that pics can be uploaded, im not sure about the bandwith but i'll take a look

:A few years ago, i am just a details oriented person, normal, mentally healthy. I was obsessed with a few other cars so I neglect the Z for a while, until recently.
:But over the years, I've developed a habit of sticking to OEM and OEM configuration of things(such as which cable/wire should rest on or under which cable and the orientation of them).
:I restored a very bad shape 2000 lincoln town car. All parts, including bolts, nuts, washers, plastic clips, speakers, carpets are oem. That OEM-sticking habit costs me a lot of money and my friends start to questioning my behavior. They said the only thing that's not OEM in my town car is the air in the tire, which is not from Michigan(or Canada for that matter).
:Now, coming back to 300zx, now I have a headache. For the town car, I have a friend who happen to have the same car without too much parts replaced, so I have a reference point as to what is OEM and what is not, or the wiring configurations and stuff. For my 95TT, I don't have a reference.... And a lot of pictures on our websites are gone. I tried to browse past pic-laiden post page by page, alas, most pics are gone.
:Now, parts-wise, my only non-oem part is that I removed the ERG valve and plumbing. other things I am not sure how they come together----- i see a lot of connectors in the engine bay that wasn't secured to anywhere or secured to obvious wrong places.
:I don't want to ask too much for fellow Z'ers but if somebody is kind enough for provide me with a lot of engine removal pictures and how those connectors and wires and stuff, any other part of the car's removal, details, and stuff, I'd really like to thank her or him or them for the effort. In return, I can maybe do a few cheap fedex shipping for you guys , like real cheap. No affiliation with fedex, just an observation when I got my bill shipping parts bought from a member here from coast to coast.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.