TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Fuel System Advice
People Seeking Info

Subject Fuel System Advice

Posted by gt300zxtt(Jax) on January 11, 2018 at 1:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 799 times.

Message I have 2 cars with simple fuel setups: stock fuel pumps, FPCU, FPR, dampers
-one with 740cc NISMO injectors in late model fuel rails, and a dyno tune
-another with 370cc injectors, stock early model fuel rails, and a canned tune

I have recently acquired various extra fuel system parts from different setups:
-Aeromotive A1000 external fuel pump and filters (no FPR)
-740cc side feed injectors with socketed ECU and E85 tune
-Handful of A/N fittings and lines

I am looking to upgrade the fuel system from the 370cc injectors in the early model fuel rails and I wouldn’t mind going to E85 with it. I personally prefer simple setups with the least amount of intrusive installation (don’t want to lose cruise control, etc.). Goals would be to get an increase in performance now with stock turbos and long block but be able to support a mild build with gtx2860 gen2s down the road. Trying to balance cost, performance, and intrusiveness.

Possible options/brainstorming/spitballing:
-Sell Aeromotive A1000, use 300deg fuel rail for early model intake, upgrade to Aeromotive 340 in-tank. Simplest initial route, may need more upgrades down the road to support bigger build.
-Sell Aeromotive A1000, use 300deg fuel rail for early model intake, upgrade to Walboro 485 in-tank, upgrade wiring to FPCU and upgrade FPCU to Ash’s?
-Still use stock fuel pump in-tank, use barb to A/N fittings to plumb Aeromotive A1000 inline, use A/N to barb fittings to keep stock fuel lines, upgrade FPR to handle the excess fuel, use 300deg fuel rail for early model intake. Not sure of the effects of using stock lines post A1000.
-Still use stock fuel pump in-tank, use barb to A/N fittings to plumb Aeromotive A1000 inline, use A/N lines to 300deg fuel rail for early model intake, use A/N lines to Aeromotive FPR to handle the excess fuel

There are appears to be a multitude of options in between. What would you do and why? TIA

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.