TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Not necessarily a simple answer
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Not necessarily a simple answer

Posted by jessethehitman on November 23, 2017 at 2:03 AM
  This message has been viewed 456 times.

In Reply To Not necessarily a simple answer posted by ttsmokin on November 22, 2017 at 09:23 PM

Message Performance in my case would be components strong, durable, and reliable enough to enhance maneuvering and feel of the car in corners.

I currently have SPLs lower front and back control arms. The joints from the front control arms have some play (like you pointed out), and need to be replace. However, given that SPL is one of the most expensive option, I am starting to question if i should continue to outfit the car with more SPL components. It seems that SPL strives to produce a low weight high strength parts, but this is reflected in the cost. Powertrix and Voodo parts are currently on sale and I am thinking that these parts are within the same level of craftsmanship as SPL at a much lower cost (I could be wrong about this)?

I am planning on replacing the shocks with stock components and upgrading the springs. My dilemma is that I can finish my suspension overhaul much quicker if I make a switch from SPL parts to either Powertrix or Voodo components. Voodo and SPL seem to use 6061-T6 while powertrix uses billet 4130.

Given that Voodo and powertrix use the same rod ends, I am having a hard time deciding which one is the better buy in the long run; the 6061-T6 (voodoo) or the billet 4130 (powertrix) material?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.