TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - rubber quality, tread design and how well your car is >>
People Seeking Info

Subject rubber quality, tread design and how well your car is >>

Posted by ZUL8TR on October 23, 2017 at 5:35 AM
  This message has been viewed 408 times.

In Reply To quietest 18" tire ? posted by TTkeeper on October 21, 2017 at 05:02 PM

Message aligned have a lot to do with how quiet the tires run. The top say 30 % of the usable rubber is usually the quietest as the tire wears as LJZTT states the tires will usually get more noisy.

If the outer tread blocks are large and aggressive they are usually prone to more noise. Noise is also increased when the outer tread blocks get feathering wear most likely due to improper toe in alignment. Shops usually set alignment to the middle of the spec for a quick job, not always the best. Due they check for rim/tire lateral runout, due they check tire pressure, doe they check for left right height difference, due they weight the car as driven, etc. - probably not but all affects alignment!

I have seen alignment spec sheets before and after that were set to mid spec but were flawed when the car was used awhile by tire wear evidence.

If you put new tires on the car check for feathering a sign of toe adjustment out of wack and correct. If feathering excessive usually cannot reverse with directional tires.

Some tires are never quiet even if all else perfect.

Buy the best you can afford but get to know tread design details and get a proper correct alignment, good luck with that. But realize that 245-40-18 are performance size and are generally speed designed.

I align my own cars.

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.