TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My Sunday brake upgrade
People Seeking Info

Subject My Sunday brake upgrade

Posted by DAYTONAZ on October 15, 2017 at 7:56 PM
  This message has been viewed 1018 times.

Message It was time for brakes so I went with the adaptor to move the caliper to accept the 350z track rotor. Here it is in a nutshell. It took pretty much the whole day and a whole lot of sweat. It was hot and humid and the nice breeze I hd early stopped right when I started working. Go figure...

Dust shield gone and adaptor installed

I liked that the 350z rotor was an exact fit with no adaptors as opposed to my old Z that used the ford rotors with hubcentric rings and spacers.

Some aircraft grade polyurethane primer that I pulled out of the disposal cans at work. FREE!! The calipers were previousy painted so there was a lot of prep work between cleaning, stripping, wire brushing.

Then the paint... also aircraft paint. This particular red was from back in the Airtran days when they had the NFL theme on many of the planes. This red was from the Atlanta Falcons paint job. That's all the NFL stuff is good for now.

And my freehand lettering with some black from the same airplane.

I used a sanding block with 40 grit to remove some material from the top of the pad that overhangs the rotor. I came pretty close after the test fit. So I'll let them bed in and get settled then I'll pop em out and dial in the pad so it wears evenly.

I like it!

The wheels are 18's and there's a bunch of room left. After driving around the block and bedding the pads I could tell that the next time I'll buy a set of 350z Brembo calipers so they take advantage of the whole disc face. There's a good 1/2" of face that's misseed with this set up but I still like it.

Tomorrow I'll start on the rears

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.