TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Fuel filter relocation and cleanup
People Seeking Info

Subject Fuel filter relocation and cleanup

Posted by outkaZTT on September 09, 2017 at 2:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 3470 times.

Message I was inspired by PiotrC70's post about relocating his fuel filter so I decided to tackle it myself as I had to replace my fuel lines for E85 compatible ones anyway.

I bought a 3" bracket recommended by Piotr and used the bottom nut of the clutch cylinder to mount it. Worked out great. Thanks Piotr! I then ran the lines and wrapped them in wire loom and electrical tape to protect the hoses. While I was in there I decided to do some other small things like remove the wiper electrical components and rewrap the wires for the brake master cylinder. While I had the cowls and wipers off I figured it would be a good time to repaint those. All in all I cleaned up quite a bit.

After deleting so many things from the fenders it now shows just how bad I need to paint the engine bay. I attempted to relocate the fuse box to the inner frame rail where the A/C used to reside but I didn't like the way it sat, so back it went to the stock location :-( May bay isn't as clean as many others here but I'm slowly working on it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.