TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - yes, extra machine work wil be needed to get everything
People Seeking Info

Subject yes, extra machine work wil be needed to get everything

Posted by LitlElvis on August 30, 2017 at 11:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 561 times.

In Reply To Re: yes, full disassembly of engine for fitment to block. posted by ouikikazz on August 30, 2017 at 10:57 PM

Message fitted correctly compared to fitting a new girdle or individual main caps.

My initial recommendations are:

1) machine block oil pan surface true to main cap parting line. I do not mean machine it "down" to the main cap parting line, just true it up so all of the bulkhead steps are the same depth to the main cap parting line (this is not the case with stock blocks).

2) machine bedplate register step depths to the same depth as achieved in step 1.

3) measure block to position bedplate flush with thrust bearing flanges

4) measure block to position bedplate on center with block main bores

5) machine main cap register widths on block or bedplate to achieve 0.0025" to 0.003" interference fit and center bedplate mains with block mains.

6) line bore mains

7) machine back of bedplate to be flush with block's rear main seal holder surface

8) optional, dowel pin bedplate to block for front to rear alignment. Note, I have designed the rear main seal holder to be the register that locates the bedplate front to rear, but if a person doesn't trust this, a dowel pin can easily be fitted to one of the passenger side oil pan rail pockets.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.