TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Been there, done that
People Seeking Info

Subject Been there, done that

Posted by MightyAA on August 15, 2017 at 1:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 516 times.

In Reply To Good to see tt.net is still rocking posted by spotz on August 13, 2017 at 05:27 PM

Message You'll regret it.

I buried it in the back of my yard from ('99 to '10) along with 2 other toys. Kids grow up, car seats eventually go away. And by then, you'll have a dull family car as your primary. Something else happens mentally; at some point your life that has revolved around family and kids feels... um... like there is nothing left of you, your dreams, your stuff. Like most guys, at some point, all your stuff is in the basement and you have half a rod in a closet somewhere to hang your clothes, and maybe a square foot of counterspace in the master bathroom; that's it. And you'll feel nostalgic for those days when you did something just for you that was yours alone. If you were me, you had a few toys under covers (car guy), abandoned, and just sitting out there. So one day, you'll dust off the tools and get some mojo back. I also started doing track days, weekend camping with the boys (the 4x4 also in storage), etc. I'm glad I kept mine; it's actually a daily commuter now sharing duties with the sedan :P.

So consider it your "me time" hobby, weekend cruiser, date night car, etc.. Future mid-life crisis toy... All you need is the space. (I cheated; my wife wanted bigger better houses, so I made sure whatever house we got, had room for my stuff)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.