TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yes - a few years back a customer bought the leather shift
People Seeking Info

Subject Yes - a few years back a customer bought the leather shift

Posted by Dave N on July 17, 2017 at 6:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 378 times.

In Reply To Interior-innovations posted by mypakZ on July 15, 2017 at 04:23 PM

Message knob, boots (shifter and e-brake) from him and had them drop shipped to me for installation on the customer's car. Unfortunately, Khalid sent Z31 parts instead of Z32 parts and so I advised the customer of the issue. I called (left a vmail) and emailed Khalid about the issue and he got back to me apologizing for the issue saying that he was out of the country and asked someone to ship the parts for him. I get it, things get mixed up and wrong parts get sent out, nobody is perfect.

Khalid asked that I send back the wrong parts. I agreed to do so provided that I be reimbursed for the shipping costs - it was something like $10. He said he would reimburse the cost as soon as he received the wrong parts. But after I sent back the wrong parts, none of my emails or phone calls were returned regarding payment for the shipping costs.

Over the next several weeks, I sent emails to Khalid asking for a status on the reimbursement but no responses. As much as I hated to do it, I ultimately had to involve the customer who purchased the parts about the lack of email response. In the end the payment came through after the customer contacted him (all totaled, it was about 8 weeks to get him to acknowledge the email trail and finally send the reimbursement).

One can argue that $10 is nothing and I wouldn't disagree but when you have an agreement up front that the cost will be paid back for a mistake that your "company" made, then it is expected that this will be followed through. In the end, had he responded to my emails when I initially asked for a status on the payment, things probably would have ended on a much better note.

As things stand, I am very hesitant to use or endorse Interior Innovations. Maybe things have changed/improved over the past few years, but from the sounds of things, maybe not....

Good luck - I hope your experience is better than the one I had.

Dave

]Coming
back to life soon.....

There can never be enough TT's in the family.

Sig Quotes:

"I JUST saw your polls post" email from BigTDogg on March 24, 2009
in reference to
La-Z-Link

"Your sausage scares me!" - TT-
XTZ 6/13/05

"Or he's having a rough week like
the rest of us and decided to take out his aggressions of not being
breast fed on me."
BigTDogg 15:45, 09/25/03

"Pick her up from day care and
take her to Dairy Queen for a snow cone."
YugoBernie 1/7/04

of course those are Canadian
bannings and beatings, which after the conversion rate is really only a
"hey! stop that!"
Chris(NJ) 1/14/04

see the green "n" next to my
name? what's COZ? (n/m)
- 300zx88 8/11/04

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.