TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Transport Canada sez:
People Seeking Info

Subject Transport Canada sez:

Posted by vorpalZ on June 16, 2017 at 10:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 337 times.

In Reply To I thought you didn't need one if it's under 230L? posted by Stanky (BC) on June 15, 2017 at 09:54 PM

Message Question: How many jerricans of gasoline may I transport in my private vehicle?

Answer: There is an exemption titled "150 kg Gross Mass Exemption" that allows you to transport a gross mass of up to 150 kg of gasoline. When using this exemption, the weight of the means of containment and the gasoline may NOT exceed 30 kg. A typical 25 L jerrican of gasoline would most likely weigh less than that. If each jerrican weighed 25 kg, then you could transport up to 6 jerricans (i.e., 25 kg x 6 = 150 kg).

The "Limited Quantities Exemption" (Section 1.17) may allow you to transport more than 150 kg without having to comply with the entire TDG Regulations. For more details, please see the following question: What is a "limited quantity" and how does this exemption work (Section 1.17)?

For a more detailed explanation of this exemption, please consult the FAQ titled:
How does the 150 kg gross mass exemption (Section 1.15) work?

You're fine... using approved containers and below the max allowed weight (not volume)

Full FAQ here: TDG FAQ 2017

I work with tanks and fuel transport and my TDG is up to date :)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.