TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Does it really matter how long he was in a group or if he
People Seeking Info

Subject Does it really matter how long he was in a group or if he

Posted by Scott ZShack Taylor on April 29, 2017 at 9:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 540 times.

In Reply To We need YOUR help. posted by Jason300zxTT on April 28, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Message Was heavily active or popular?
The thing everyone should know is that it was this guys dream to build this car the way he wanted and for it to be available to pass along to his kids someday. Something many of us do or have done. What makes this situation real shitty is that this individual already more than paid for his car to be done to a z shop and never got it back. The shop had some problems and the engine and his brand new turbos were damaged. He had to buy new chra's and pay for parts to get it all done again. All this without ever driving it after the first build. The guy passed away in his sleep unexpectedly and never got to fulfill his dream. Now had the shop not had the problems they had, the guy would have had the car back long before his passing. But Now the family is stuck with a car that is many states away from them without the knowledge of how to fix it right nor deal with the shop involved. We as a community have an opportunity to right a wrong and finish this car and deliver it to the family where hopefully his kids will one day be able to share in the love of this car just the way their father once did. Sure there are many other charities out there that could benefit from this money, but this is not about them. This is about a fellow z brothers family and our desire to help.
No one is forcing anyone to help here and everyone is welcome to help the kids in an orphanage or the puppies in the pound if they like. But for the rest that would like to help then please do. It's things like this that make this community great and many people are very proud to be a member of it. As for me personally, I should have died in may of 2014 when i came within inches of death with 4 clogged arteries and a quadruple heart bypass with a pacemaker and defibrillator in my chest. I live with permanent heart failure everyday. None of this was diet related, nor had anything to do with drinking or smoking as i do not partake in any of these activities. I for one understand what it is like to want to leave a little piece of myself in something tangible that my wife and kids can connect with and remember me for. My shops involvement in this is simply to pay it forward to another grieving family that happens to have a z that is not running. What they do with it is up to them, but with the 10's of thousands of z owners in this world simply donating a small amount , we can make this happen. This family has not asked any of us to do this at all. Many of us knew Tom and this ugly situation and where trying to help him with advice etc. when his unfortunate passing happened. Now we feel we should finish this for him.
To those that have already helped or plan to help, we thank you for the support.
Thank you
:-)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.