TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - We need YOUR help.
People Seeking Info

Subject We need YOUR help.

Posted by Jason300zxTT on April 28, 2017 at 12:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 1073 times.

Message First off, I want to talk about a situation regarding a fellow Z owner. Approximately a week ago we lost a fellow z owner. For those that don't know already, Thomas Burns lost his life while he was sleeping. No known medical issues were known and this was out of no where.

His brother Tim drove to Georgia where Tom bought his beloved dream car. A tk3 twin turbo z32. Shortly later, he set of to have his z built the way he dreamed and contracted Dan at Premier Z to build the car in 2015. A bunch of issues came about after the gtx turbos were installed. I won't get into details and bash a shop as this isn't what this post is about.

This brings us to present day. After Tom passed away, his family was lost and is trying to get his car completed because they knew it was Toms passion and Tim his younger brother dreams of driving Toms car to remember his brother.

I contacted Dan to find out the parts needed to complete and was told rods and pistons. Dan then called his local machine shop to find the block and heads to only find out the machine shop closed and the block and heads are gone.

I contacted Rick and Scott at Z shack and they have come on and excited about the project and are in the process of building a built short block with a warranty for Toms Family. The short block will be eagle/weisco with arp2000 hardware and OEM bearings that they will be building in house. Both Scott and Rick will hand deliver the short block to Florida for the assembly to long block. From there will assist Andrew Ortiz and a few others, hopefully myself included to install the motor into the car.

Harry (ztuner) is donating a tune for the car to ensure the vehicle runs properly before it heads home to Toms family to cherish and remember their son, brother, husband, dad.

Tom left behind a wife and kids. Let's as a community give them something from us to remember an awesome z guy with.

Scott at Zshack is accepting donations to help with cost of the build in either parts or money. If you can donate even 10 dollars for the cause we would greatly appreciate it. Scott's PayPal is Scottmt22@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone!!! This is for you Tom!! You will be missed buddy.

photo 206105F2-8B0C-4106-B84D-E45C41F1E8C3_zpscuw0qto6.jpg

2016 Nissan Altima SR
1994 Nissan 300zx sport 700 Twin Turbo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.