TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - As a 3.5EB F150 owner....
People Seeking Info

Subject As a 3.5EB F150 owner....

Posted by black300zx on March 29, 2017 at 6:55 AM
  This message has been viewed 371 times.

In Reply To (Flame suit on) anyone else thought of this engine swap? posted by bartz32tt on March 28, 2017 at 11:19 PM

Message I have a bit over 80k on my 2013 in a supercab w/ 6.5ft bed & 3.33 rear. I've been very happy with it. The only motor related issue I've ever noticed was a very slow seeping of oil from the DS turbo when I bought it @ 40k. Over the last 20k it seems to have stopped, not sure why. For towing I love it.

A few additional things to consider:
1 - The little I've read about EB swaps suggests that the ECU is tied into EVERYTHING, and getting it to run in a swap without bringing along everything with it is difficult/expensive/a nightmare. Maybe things have changed.
2 - The 6speed select-shift trans a nice for a truck application, but it would drive me nuts in a sports car. Not sure if you'd be able to mate the EB up to another trans.
3 - I'm fairly certain that the Ecoboost Taurus SHO from the same years had the same peak HP/TQ as the F150 version, but I believe I recall seeing the TQ peak RPM being listed significantly higher in the SHO than the F150. Ford may have cammed/tuned the two versions differently. The Torque Curve of the F150 version would be fun on a drag strip with slicks in a Z32, but top end would be boring compared to the VG

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.