TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Recaro Sportster CS Nismo Edition Seats
People Seeking Info

Subject Recaro Sportster CS Nismo Edition Seats

Posted by Alan(MD/NJ) on March 26, 2017 at 11:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 3308 times.

Message This is a how to make Recaro Sportster CS Nismo Edition seats fit in our car.
I'm writing this to hopefully help the next guy wanting these seats and make life a lot easier since there wasn't much info on this setup.

I purchased the Recaro Sportster CS Nismo Edition seats found in the Juke Nismo RS.
The base frame on these are different from the standard Recaro Sportster CS seats. They sit much higher for extra storage space and will not fit in a Z.
You can see how high the frame makes the seat sit

I know 370Z and R35 guys are very interested in these seats, but in order for these seats to work in any other vehicle especially the Z32, you need to remove the entire base frame and rails and purchase the base frame found on the standard Recaro Sportster CS seats. Once you unscrew the plastic panels covering the frame, there are two bolts on each side and four on the bottom and the entire bottom will come apart.

Only problem is Recaro USA does not sell the base frame separately?, no US dealer can provide it, and would require way too much work to modify and you still may run into height issues since these are "tall" seats and the stock frame rails on these are all welded together.

After a lot of digging around, I contacted a company called Capital Seating ([ http://www.capitalseating.co.uk ]). They are Recaro agents in the UK. They sell the bases separately. Part number is 7304142 and cost me $450 for a pair of base frames and $50 for shipping. Cheaper than what welders quoted me.

This will make the seat sit much lower and clear with no issues. Direct bolt on

Now with the new frame installed, the seats clear the roof. I purchased Bride rails which sit extra low and everything bolts up perfectly with plenty of space to spare.

Again I hope this helps and saves time for anyone interested in this setup after shelling out a lot of money on these seats.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.