TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Just be aware if you decide to order a full 120k parts kit
People Seeking Info

Subject Just be aware if you decide to order a full 120k parts kit

Posted by jzack on March 16, 2017 at 2:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 321 times.

In Reply To Age is your enemy. It should get a whole 120k service. (n/m) posted by Bernie (NoVA) on March 16, 2017 at 12:09 PM

Message offered by a number of site vendors you should not need the VTC related parts (springs and o-rings). The '96 model doesn't have the VTC feature found in earlier years.

Guys correct me if I don't have this right?

Also if the plan is to just service and then park the car as a collector vehicle not sure I'd replace the CAM and crankseals if not already leaking - given the car was driven yearly up to now (i.e., seals getting regular lubrication). When replacing the seals there's always a slight chance of nicking/scratching the shafts during the procedure and causing permanent leaking issues.

FYI - the crank seal is usually replaced by cutting off the crank sprocket gear since they usually are rusted in place and fairly difficult to remove. That's the reason the t-belt kits often include a new gear. If not doing the crank seal, the sprocket gear would be another kit part not needed.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.